|The Environmental Monitoring Probe (EMP) is used to report local temperature and humidity values and make that information available to management tools, such as IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager (AEM).
The Environmental Monitoring Probe has the following characteristics:
- It connects to the Network Management Card (NMC) settings/sensor connection.
- Its temperature and humidity thresholds are easily set to trigger alarm notifications or shut down the protected system.
- Its status can be monitored from the IBM Systems Director AEM or from the Network Management Card web interface.
- It measures temperatures between 0 and 80°C (32 and 176°F) with an accuracy of ±1°C.
- It measures relative humidity between 10 and 90% with an accuracy of ±5%.
- It can be located away from the UPS by using a CAT5 network cable (up to 20 m (65.6 ft)).
- Its user-selectable alarm thresholds enable you to define acceptable temperature or humidity limits.
- It allows email notification through SMTP.