Each Lenovo XClarity Pro license provides the following entitlements for a single device (for details on which devices XClarity Administrator can managed see Supported Devices in the online help):
- Service and support for Lenovo XClarity Integrator for Microsoft & VMware
- Service and support for XClarity Administrator
- Advanced functions within XClarity Administrator:
- Configuring servers using Configuration Patterns
- Deploying operating systems
- Reporting XClarity Administrator problems using software Call Home (Call Home for hardware alerts are not affected. )
You must purchase a license for each managed device to be entitled to service and support. However, compliance is determined based on the number of managed devices that support the advanced functions. The license is not tied to a specific device.
Lenovo XClarity Pro editions are available with a 1-year, 3-year, or 5-year software subscription and support. Lenovo XClarity Pro is available on a per-managed-endpoint basis or per-managed-chassis basis. The per-chassis licenses offer a more cost-effective way of purchasing licenses for the Flex System environment.